A little About myself

My name is Liz Rowan and I am 3X time cancer survivor, currently working on the fourth from Vancouver Washington.
I have an amazing twin sister, who's been my rock. Our mom died from breast cancer when we were 6. We grew up without a MOM, but always knew she was in our hearts.
My cancer battle began when I was 16, I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma of the jaw then we found out I had two forms of Breast Cancer. Then, on my 21st birthday I ended up in the hospital with low blood counts and two days later I was diagnosed with complex Leukemia.(AML). ...and here we are!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Lucky Girl

Look at this weather we've had this year. The sunshine is so bright and lovely. It keeps me moving. I think it is easy to fall into a well of your own despair. Thankfully, I have an amazing support group surrounding me. I have some of the most amazing friends spread out across the country and vancouver. LUCKY ME!! :) This past week was my birthday.. So crazy not to say "our". The first birthday twinless. The funny thing is Liz and I never went crazy on our birthdays. We almost never got each other anything and it was just a casual high five type of happy birthday. I remember last year on our 21st, I was in tears because she had stolen the show. So many friends were out to celebrate with her and yes, I was jealous. This year, I wished nothing more then for her to steal the show anytime I heard the term happy birthday or that happy birthday song I choked back tears because it didn't seem right.


I just wanted to say I am thankful and I am lucky to have all of you. I could've spent my birthday inside my own party of despair, but those who love me made it awesome.

Who wants to hear a good story?
Ok ok, here it goes...
The other day at work I fell down the stairs actually injuring myself.. (don't text and walk) I snickered to myself after I got up. When liz and I shared a place, my roommate had really upset me. So in an attempt to walk loudly down the stairs I ended up tripping and slamming face first into the wall. Liz thought that was the funniest thing ever.. I think I made her month. So publicly falling down a case of marble stairs at work probably made her year!!!

Missing her everyday.
Love you all :) Enjoy the sunshine because in the words of liz
"I feel so lucky I woke up this morning! I still have got another day in me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You both have some klutz in you & a great sense of humor! Im happy to hear you had a good birthday considering. Great quote :)